This product is no longer in stock
The Pro-78XRi Laser-Radar Detector is the top detector of the new 2012 International line from Whistler. Compared with models like the Pro-78SE, the Whistler Pro-78XRi was specifically designed to detect European Laser Guns. This High Performance model has extra detection range for advanced warning along with Ka NARROW PLUS MODE that will only look for the following Ka Frequencies: 34.0 GHz, 34.3 GHz and 35.5 GHz.
• ENHANCED HIGH PERFORMANCE provides extra detection range for advanced warning
• Ka NARROW PLUS MODE looks only for the following Ka Frequencies: 34.0 GHz, 34.3 GHz and 35.5 GHz
• DETECTS EUROPEAN LASER GUNS (Traffi patrol XR, Riegl, Jenoptik, Laveg, Truspeed and more)
• ADJUSTABLE LASER MODES allow customizable selection of multiple pulse rates including TRAFFIPATROL XR, LISD, and laser guns with STEALTH MODES
• WHISTLER EXCLUSIVE RADAR SIGNATURE ID (RSID) Ka Band Radar Identifi er indicates Ka 33.8, 34.0, 34.3, 34.7 or 35.5 on the display when police radar alerts are detected within these common Ka speed radar windows. Alerts that fall outside of these parameters will be reported only as Ka. Every Ka alert should be treated with caution.
• WHISTLER EXCLUSIVE LASER SIGNATURE ID (LSID) indicates the average Pulses Per Second (PPS) transmitted by Speed Laser or other forms of laser sources including many new laser guns
• BLUE OLED TEXT DISPLAY provides better contrast, brightness and color. Shows alerts detected, engaged modes and digital signal strength in text format (i.e. HIGHWAY or Ka9)
• SELECTABLE RAMP MODE offers choice of signal strength urgency
• X/K FILTER MODES offer multiple levels of signal processing to reduce false alerts caused by some radar detectors
• Ka FILTER MODES provide 3 levels of additional signal processing to reduce false alerts caused by some radar detectors
• Ka MAX MODE improved Ka Band sensitivity
• REAL VOICE® ALERTS provide verbal alerts for modes selected and bands received, including RSID frequencies, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road
• POP™ MODE DETECTION advanced speed detection capability responds to brief bursts of radar
• ALERT PERISCOPES LED’s on top of the unit provide additional visual alert
• 360° MAXX COVERAGE detects from front, sides, and rear
• 3 CITY MODES (City, City 1, City 2) reduce the annoyance of false alerts
• HIGH GAIN LENS provides increased field of view which means better range
• SELECTABLE BANDS allow specific bands to be turned on or off
• STAY ALERT™ Whistler’s exclusive feature that tests your alertness on long trips
• AUTO DIM / DARK MODES reduce the illumination of the display. When in dark mode, the display is turned off during an alert then remains off for 20 more seconds before returning to its dimmer setting.
• QUIET / AUTO QUIET MODES silence audio alerts
• ALERT PRIORITY displays most important signal when more than one is detected
• SETTING SAVER saves personalized settings when unit is turned off
• SELECTABLE VEHICLE BATTERY SAVER allows you to customize the automatic shut down feature
• SAFETY WARNING SYSTEM™ keeps you informed of highway safety where transmitters are located
• INTELLICORD® READY capable of working with optional INTELLICORD® power cord
• HARDWIRE KIT INCLUDED
• Size: 1.4 in. H x 3.15 in. W x 4.9 in. L
• Weight: 6.5 oz.
• Insert Color: Black
• Power: 12V
• Warranty: 3
• Windshield Bracket Kit
• Dash Pad
• Power Cord
• Hardwire Kit
Whistler laser-radar detectors receive laser guns that operate at a laser wavelength of 800-1000nm.
Whistler detectors receive the following radar frequencies:
10.500 - 10.550 GHz X Band
24.050 - 24.250 GHz K Band
33.400 - 36.000 GHz SuperWideBand Ka
This includes the new POP™ instant-on feature, which operates within the K and Ka bands. POP™ is a trademark of MPH Industries.